Friday, August 11, 2017

Blog Hiatus

Hello blog readers,
You may have noticed a lack of posts over the last year or so. The blogosphere is changing. Viewership and comments on blogs are decreasing and the popularity of using social media for miniatures related discussion has increased. As the models I've painted have changed I've lost touch with the regular readers of this blog and have not attracted new regular followers.

With this in mind, I won't be updating this blog regularly. I will leave existing articles up as a reference.

Many images that were hosted by photobucket are no longer viewable. Unfortunately, that service has decided to charge fees for hosting images on other websites.

If you would like to continue to see models I have painted, I regularly post models on twitter under "Rust and the City".

Thanks,

Cameron

7 comments:

  1. I am halfway to this step myself and I loath social media, but hey - gotta change with the times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,that's how I felt. I preferred the blog format as it allowed more of a relationship. Twitter and things are so easy though.

      Delete
  2. I'm inclined to agree, over the last two months I'm getting half the views I used to compared to the previous 16 months. Such a massive drop seems bizarre. I'm still going to persevere, because my blog is a diary of my efforts first and foremost - twitter be damned, never warmed to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Social media seems to have filled the niche that blogging used to. I share models on relevant and local Facebook groups too. Good luck with your blog.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for keeping all the old articles and photos here, I will continue to look back from time to time for reference and inspiration. Have fun with your twitter posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly some of the old pictures have been removed by photobucket. Most should still be fine though.

      Delete
  4. That's unfortunate. I'm not a big fan of the movement aware from blogs. I think people do find it vastly simpler to have a single picture and a short blurb which doesn't quite hack it in the blog format. I do like that the blogs are easier to track down old material, and read related items through tagging (though I suppose twitter should allow for that too).

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...